Sunday, July 23, 2017

Bible Verses for the Week


SUNDAY - (Matthew 24:4, 5 NKJV) Jesus warned that in the last days counterfeit Christs would arise who would masquerade as the Messiah and claim to be the savior of the world. “Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,” and will deceive many’ ”

MONDAY - (Matthew 7:22, 23, NIV) Tragically, those who are deceived in the last days by these false Christs will sincerely regard themselves to be genuine believers, actively doing the work of Christ. They will even prophesy in the name of Jesus, cast out demons in the name of Jesus, and work miracles in His name. But they are serving a false Christ—not the real Jesus. “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers’ ”

TUESDAY - (John 14:21, NIV) The followers of the false Christ disregard the commandments of Jesus. In contrast, Jesus declares, “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him”

WEDNESDAY - (1 John 2:17) “How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the world’s goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help?”

THURSDAY - (Matthew 25:31-46) Jesus said, “Just as you did – or did not do – to the least of these, you did – or failed to do – for me”

FRIDAY - (Leviticus 25:35-36 NIV)“If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you. Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countrymen may continue to live among you…

SATURDAY - (1 Timothy 6:17-19 NIV)”Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.




No comments:

Post a Comment